Friday, August 31, 2007

Week 9 Thing 20

It is August 31, and I have to hurry to get this done.
I have visited all the sites in week 9 over the course of the summer, but I don't enjoy writing, so here I am.

I particularly liked the video Introducing the Book. And there are lots of other videos that were very well done. There were some interesting clips from Shakespearean plays that I think would certainly capture student interest and perhaps make them more open to reading the play.

My criticism of all those sites is that it can be a bit tedious to find something because things are not as well organized as they could be. Not to mention that one can get side-tracked by all the funny stuff.

The other problem is persuading the teachers in my school to use these video resources. I cannot sit down with them and demonstrate the possibilities because the sites are blocked. And it can be a bit daunting to figure out how to get something downloaded into a format that can be used in a classroom.

One of our teachers found a presentation she wanted to use, and gave up because she could not find a way to put it into a format she could use. (She lucked out--as it happened I had found that presentation on a different site, had it on my desktop, and I emailed it to her.)

No comments: